Sensory Safety Kits Now Available at STAPLES Center
The downtown Los Angeles arena is now Sensory Accessible
Life is Washable, Inc. has provided STAPLES Center with “Sensory Safety Kits” for all STAPLES Center events to give all guests the best fan experience in Los Angeles. Loud noises and bright lights can make it difficult or confusing for an individual with Autism, Dementia or a Traumatic Brain Injury to enjoy an event. Friendly @ccess kits are designed to support individuals of all ages, with a variety of sensory needs, and their families, at all sporting events and concerts.
Each kit includes an assortment of useful tools to help individuals enjoy an event with greater comfort. Kits also include identification, in the event that an individual is separated from their family at the event. STAPLES Center staff is alerted and trained to the program, and can assist individuals in obtaining a kit, or throughout the venue, as needed.
These Sensory Safety Kits are the first of their kind available in the Los Angeles area, and each kit includes:
- A small drawstring bag
- A pair of noise reducing earmuffs and ear plugs
- A pair of antiglare glasses
- A small variety of sensory “fidget” toys
- A communication card
- Sanitizing wipes and tissues
- Identification wristbands, stickers and card (The wristband can note family’s location and contact number in the case of confusion or separation. The sticker can alert other attendees that the individual have some difficulty.)
- Venue Map (The venue map describes locations of quiet accessible areas, family restrooms, elevators, and emergency plans and exits)
- Event Schedule (As available)